Sunday, February 6, 2011

Constipation - What a Pain!

colonic westchester
http://www.evercleancolonics.com/
My interest in Magnesium started a couple a couple of years ago when I discovered the role it plays in alleviating constipation by assisting in the relaxation of muscle. I suffered for many years with constipation and tried my best to manage it through the avoidance of gluten-containing foods in my diet, but nothing really helped. After searching and searching, I discovered magnesium. Magnesium is best known as “the antistress mineral” that acts as a co-enzyme involved in more than 300 enzymatic reactions and works closely with Vitamin D, Calcium and Phosphorus. As I reflected on my diet, I noticed that I was not really getting a lot of magnesium in the foods I ate each day. I was avoiding wheat and wheat-wheat containing foods, eating a lot of fruit and rarely consumed nuts, seeds or seaweeds. Although, my diet was relatively healthy, I was not eating many of the foods that provided magnesium and had never really given much thought to if I was getting my recommended daily allowance. Today, I supplement with magnesium and ensure I am getting an adequate amount in the foods I choose. I include brewer’s yeast and molasses daily, buckwheat and almonds in several times per week and try to get in kelp and seaweeds several times per month. Since starting this process, my bowel function has returned to normal, my sleep is better, my PMS is hardly existent and I feel more relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment